Volunteers are the life blood of foodbanks. Your skills could be just what we need.
Join the Morecambe Bay Foodbank Volunteer Team!
We don’t think anyone in our community should have to face going hungry. That’s why we provide three days’ nutritionally balanced emergency food and support to local people who are referred to us in crisis.
We are part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, supported by The Trussell Trust, working to combat
poverty and hunger across the UK. This Spring, we have a number of vacancies for volunteers to join our team.
To meet our purpose, we need your commitment to volunteer on a regular basis, and at least four hours a week (Our Foodbank is open Tuesdays and Fridays, Our Uniform Project Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
We currently need the following skills:
- Help with storing, stocking and stacking with our warehouse teams
- Drivers to help us collect and deliver food (if you have a license that covers a long wheelbase van we are especially keen to hear from you)
- Some volunteering out of regular hours in the evenings for supermarket collections (and able to use their own car for light collections)
- Help with weekend collections and events between now and Christmas including dressing up as an elf!
- Admin support in our office
What all our volunteers can expect from us
- A comprehensive induction and training support
- Working with a great team of like-minded volunteers
- The satisfaction of working to support families in crisis – and making a real difference
To register an interest in any of these roles, please fill out our online application form here
A member of the team will be in touch to discuss how you can contribute to this vital cause.
If you have any questions, please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!