Get Help

How to get help

If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow.

The most important step is to get a foodbank voucher.

In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. Agencies we work with include: Citizens Advice, housing support officers, children’s centres, health visitors, social services and some local charities.

1. Get in touch your local CAB or with us.

Morecambe Bay Foodbank accepts referrals from the Citizens Advice Bureau’s (CAB’s) in both Lancaster and Morecambe:

Lancaster CAB: 87 King St, Lancaster LA1 1RH | Tel: 0344 488 9622 | Open Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm

Morecambe CAB: Oban House/87-89 Queen St, Morecambe LA4 5EN | Tel: 0344 488 9622 | Open Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm

Alternatively, if you call or email Morecambe Bay Foodbank we can talk through your situation and put you in touch with a relevant local agency.

2. Arrange a visit to a referral agency.

They will discuss your situation and supply you with a foodbank voucher where appropriate.

3. Bring  your foodbank voucher to the Morecambe foodbank centre. 

Morecambe Bay Foodbank is open Tuesdays and Fridays and is located at the West End Community Centre, Westminster Road, eMorecambe LA4 4JE. A map showing our location is on the Contact  Us page.

When you arrive, we’ll welcome you with a warm drink and our trained volunteers will chat with you about your situation. We’ll also discuss any dietary needs you may have and exchange your foodbank voucher for a parcel of three days of emergency food. We’ll also help to support you in any other ways that we can. We offer a cafe style environment and our aim is to provide non-judgemental support at the point of crisis.

If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call.

Back to Get Help